BlogTalk is a unique event, bringing together those interested in social software and social media from different backgrounds, including industry, academia, research, development, and practitioners.
We’re currently looking for people to submit papers on topics related to social software and social media. The submission date has been extended to 21 June 2010. You can submit the paper through the BlogTalk 2010 EasyChair site. More details are available on the BlogTalk 2010 Call for Papers page. There is also the later date of 7 July for those who want to submit demonstration or poster proposals.
Our keynote speakers include social computing expert Stowe Boyd; Don Thibeau, executive director of the OpenID Foundation; and Dan Gillmor, author of “We The Media”, from the Harvard Berkman Center and the Knight Foundation Center for Digital Media Entrepreneurship. We will also have industry talks from Sonia Flynn (Facebook EMEA) and a panel led by Ade Oshineye (Google Social Web).
BlogTalk will be a great learning, networking and social venue. Besides keynotes and talks, we’ll have panels, workshops, and a medieval banquet in Dunguaire Castle! Tickets will be limited, so check out our website for more details at 2010.blogtalk.net.
Here are the important dates for submissions.
- Regular paper submissions due: 21 June 2010 (extended deadline)
- Notification of regular paper acceptance or rejection: 7 July 2010
- Camera-ready regular papers due: 21 July 2010
- Demonstration and poster abstracts due: 7 July 2010 (no full papers required)
- Notification of demo and poster acceptance or rejection: 14 July 2010