Soundbusting at The End of Time
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid"-Frank Zappa
If the world hasn’t ended and you still find yourself still alive on this particular evening then you might want to celebrate your good fortune in the company of the people responsible for some of the most innovative music apps in Ireland or, indeed, anywhere else.
Away from the nutty notions of the end of times protagonists and their nonsenical baloney concerning the Mayan Calendar Damien Joyce has organised Soundbusting. An opportunity to hear some great sounds, some great talks and some great live music from ImYourVinyl.
Damien says he is, "Trying to use the momentum that we got from that event and continue on. If it goes well then I’ll do one in the games area called Gamesbusting.” By preserving and developing the theme and brand Damien also has plans for a Databusting event as well.
On the evening itself, Cormac Staunton will be playing a DJ set to welcome people. Then there will be an hour of ‘lightening talks’ from people working on the cusp of engineering and art. The intersection where data analytics, music discovery algorithms, startups, app developers, musicians and lovers of both music and technology meet.
Some of those taking part are:
- An online portal for emerging Irish talent.
- For music analytics and sharing
- For music discovery
- Matching user generated concert footage with high quality music, thereby enhancing the experience.
- makers of eye-controlled apps
- Developers of Grab Radio
The theme of the evening is very much about how discovering, sharing and experiencing music can, through technology be brought together.
According to Damien, “Anybody who loves music, loves discovering music. If they find a new tune or a new band they want to share it. And with music analytics people can know their friends are listening to."
38 Abbeygate Street Upper
Galway , Ireland
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM
- Soundbusting at The End of Time
- Hacking Hotel Automation Systems and Targeting Country Infrastructures at Black Hat 2014
- Nest Thermostat Hacking and Google Glass Password Spying at Black Hat 2014
- EC Announces €10 Million Fund for Accelerating Web Entrepreneurship at Recent Eurapp Workshop
- It's Not What They're Seeking, It's What They're Hiding